This page is intended to help my swap partners get a sense of who I am. I'm not hard to please! Please keep in mind, these are general guidelines -- don't be afraid to surprise me if you have a wonderful, wacky idea! I just thought this would be helpful. So if you're interested in doing a swap, send me a message! I love doing swaps and making new friends who are fellow craft-a-holics.
Name: Melissa Jackson
Birthday: November 27, 1979
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Occupation: Office Manager for a terrific psychiatrist
How I spend my spare time: Crafting!! I love it. I also love to take pictures of nature scenes, and I also like container-gardens, shopping online (shame on me), watching movies, playing video games, riding the motorcycle with my boyfriend, eating delicious food, cooking, and wasting time on the internet.
Pets: One dog; a sweet little Maltese mix with an adorable underbite. We rescued him last Thanksgiving from his previous owners who were horribly mean to poor Tyler. I also have one parrot ciclid who shares an aquarium with a couple of skull heads (not real ones of course).
Crafts: Crocheting, knitting (I just learned how), spinning with a drop spindle (I am new at this), beading jewelry, embroidery, some sewing, quilting
I would like to learn: polymer clay, decoupage, hand-blown glass, get really good at knitting and spinning with my drop spindle (maybe someday with a wheel)
Symbols/themes I tend to like: nature (trees, leaves, flowers, etc), butterflies, mushrooms, fairies/gnomes, the sixties, celtic symbols, 20th century style art noveau, Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner
Colors: My favorite colors are pinks, blues, purples, greens. I love bright, vivid colors! But I also love pastels in these same colors. I also like brown in combination with pink or turquoise together, and let me not forget black and white with another bright color. (black-white-pink, or black-white-red, etc.)
Hair: I love hair accessories!
Jewelry: I wear earrings and necklaces. Occasionally I wear bracelets. I like earrings that are long and dangly, but I would also love some cute post earrings. I also have a belly ring. I don't have any metal allergies, but sometimes cheaper/thicker metals make my ears itch. I have an earring holder, but I honestly kind of need another one.
Bags: I love bags! I'm always needing something to put my camera, crocheting, knitting, etc. in.
Favorites:
Musicians: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bush, The White Stripes, System of a Down, The Smashing Pumpkins, Modest Mouse, Jack Johnson, Green Day, Weezer
Books: East of Eden, False Memory, American Psycho, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Lovely Bones
Movies: The Notebook, Pulp Fiction, Leaving Las Vegas, Fight Club, The Prestige
TV Shows: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Flight of the Conchords, The Office, 30 Rock, Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Extras (HBO series), House
Artists: Ansel Adams, Art Wolfe, Pablo Picasso
Scents: Coconut, mango (fruity/island scents), Cinnamon, sugar cookies,Jasmine
Flower: Calla lillies
Food: Sushi, shrimp, Mexican food, Italian food
Drink: Coffee, tea, Golden Peach flavored water, coconut rum, wine
Thank you for reading this post! I hope it helped some, and I'll try to keep it updated as I think of things. For more inspiration, check out my wists!
Here's my wishlist as of February 24, 2008:
Sewing:
1. Crochet/knitting needle roll!!!
2. pincushions
3. Pajama pants
4. Bedside organizer (I love the pattern from Amy Butler's In Stitches)
5. Summary skirt
Knitting/crochet:
1. Amigurumi mushroom
2. Socks! Preferably in sort of muted colors, like gray, dark red, tan, cream, etc.
3. fingerless gloves
4. A crocheted wrap/shawl.
5. A small crocheted/knitted afghan for curling up on the couch to watch tv
Supplies:
1. Craft books or magazines! Pre-loved is fine. I'll take pretty much anything (including gardening related stuff) -- but ESPECIALLY knitting or crochet books!
2. Knitting/crochet supplies. I'm totally addicted. Needles, yarn, patterns, stitchmarkers, row counter, etc.
3. Fibers for spinning.
4. A niddy noddy! Handmade, used, whatever, as long as it's in decent shape.
Other:
1. journal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brief Bio:
I love photography, dabble in photoshop a little, crochet,knitting (I'm new at this) embroider, quilt, enjoy loom knitting, watching movies, playing video games(my favorite games are Rock Band, Viva Pinata and Burnout),playing my Wii ( I LOVE Super Mario Galaxy!!) board games, spur of the moment road trips, meeting new people and making new friends. I love to laugh. I love calla lillies. I am currently the office manager for a psychiatrist. I enjoy going to concerts, potted plants, kayaking, kneeboarding and camping trips. I love Steve Madden sunglasses and shoes. I enjoy bowling (or trying to) and I love to cook. My favorite ice cream is a Bop's cookie dough, cheesecake, and peanut butter filled concrete. I love to send and receive postcards from all over the world. I want to travel to New York City, Austraila, Italy, and go on a cruise to the Bahamas.
Thank you to everyone who has already sent me wonderful handcrafted items in the mail and thank YOU for reading my list!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment